December 17, 2007

Fiction

I have a rash of thoughts today. They are kind of itchy and now they are going to ooze on over to you.

Wouldn't it be funny if a character in a movie would shake a hand or touch an object and get images that s/he believes real. And they are always really gruesome. But they are never true. Ultimately funny in an anticlimactic way.

Also, I am reminiscing about my childhood. Particularly the bits in Montana. Every time I think about it I get the same feeling. It is in my chest, like it is laid open with a brisk breeze drying it out. I went for one of my long walks (I do it every year) and thought about it. I get these feelings very strong when I set out on an adventure, a long walking adventure. Here in Montana if you go anywhere on foot it is a long walk. On the ranch I would back some water in a bag along with a towel and a crystal and some marbles you know the essentials and head into the rims across the creek and up the hill. It was a long golden brown walk. I would also walk the other way for the perfect hill to fly a kite on, really I could get my pink and purple uni-peg up to dizzying heights. Sometimes I think my childhood can be summed up with penny candy, crisp sun and walking down Livingston alleys. Today I think the main roads a bottle of water and a really long walk gets to the point.

No comments: