May 20, 2007

Rubin and Ed, The Legacy

I love quirky movies. I like light hearted humor with serious "issues". Ruben and Ed is most likely the poster child of this. Way back at UO when i lived with a lesbian who had a crush on me I watch Rubin and Ed. It was what my rocker chick friend called a "material flick" because there were so many quotations to adapt to comic everyday situations. "andy warhol sucks the big one" "run into the brick wall off success" "fans injure 14,320 cats a year" and the list goes on. So when Mar-tin brought it up, I started thinking about that film again. Through the joys of youtube.com you can see touching moments too. I have the trailer here:



More links to classic scenes:
Mahler March
Kicking Shoe 1
Fantasy of the Oddball Recluse
Kicking Shoe 2
King of the Echo People

I guess I am not the only one who really liked this movie. I think I own a copy somewhere, but as I said we are moving and I don't know where it is. I think these tidbits from youtube.com will keep me satisfied.

No comments: