November 6, 2007

Falcon in Livingston, MT

There is a pair of falcons that reside in Livingston in the winter. In my fantasies of falcon-husbandry, I have the large leather mit on my arm and I signal for the bird to return. It sweeps through the air with deadly precision. Of course, I am also in a linen gown with a bodice and flowing curly long hair. So I remain falcon free. Really I don't know if owning a bird like that would be freeing or sadening as perhaps the falcon should be free. This bird looks as happy as a bird of prey ever does. I had a co-worker like that.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julia said...

I have seen these amazing and majestic creatures tethered to their little drum like perches and it makes me sort of sad to see them.........
Images of Lady Hawks and mournful beauty.....